From Idea to Exit
For an overview of the Innovate UK ICURe Programme and what is included within each sub-programme, please click the below button.
Innovate UK ICURe ENGAGE is a 4-week, part-time programme tailored for research students and technicians. This programme aims to identify potential beneficiaries of research, introduce participants to tools for commercialisation, and foster consideration of entrepreneurship as a pathway for achieving societal impact and a viable career choice.
- 2-day training bootcamp from Impact experts.
- Introduction to ICURe, Design Thinking and Value Proposition Canvas.
- Weekly hour-long conversations with peer group support and mentor for 3 Weeks.
- Around 5 hours of self-study and research over the 3 weeks.
- Consideration of how a venture delivering impact may be funded.
- Production of a short video report reflecting on knowledge gained and research area impact potential.
Innovate UK ICURe DISCOVER is an 8-week, part-time online market discovery programme designed to support researchers and technicians in exploring their potential market. The program aims to enhance market awareness and deepen the understanding of potential technology applications.
- £2,500 in support for testing assumptions and market discovery activities.
- 2-day training boot camp with part-time market discovery spanning 8 weeks or part-time learning and market discovery spread over 8 weeks.
- Develop an understanding of existing market offerings and competitive landscape for your sector.
- Outline the commercial viability using tools such as the Business Model Canvas (BMC).
- Gather market feedback that indicates the next steps, such as entering ICURe Explore with a team.
Innovate UK ICURe EXPLORE is a 12-week full-time market exploration programme. It provides financial support up to £35,000 for an Entrepreneurial Lead’s salary, assumption testing, and customer discovery activities. This programme is aimed at helping research teams from across the UK to explore technology applications and test value propositions through extensive market engagement globally.
- £35,000 support (Max) for the salary of the Entrepreneurial Lead to participate full-time over the 12 weeks, and expenses associated with testing key market assumptions and market exploration.
- Access to our team of experts and proactive connections to our network of entrepreneurs, investors and funders.
- Membership of a national community of past participants and graduates.
- Up to 5 days of intensive bootcamp training on how to develop a hypothetical business model and identify your customers’ pain points.
- Test value propositions through extensive market engagement.
- Opportunity to access further support and apply for up to £300,000 of follow-on funding from Innovate UK*.
- Undertake deep in-market research of supply chain, regulators, customers and competitors.
- You will plan and execute 3 months of tailored market discovery for your idea, product or service using online software platforms, videoconferencing and marketing tools.
- Following the programme, selected teams will receive 3 further months of support to help conclude a commercial transaction in the form of a license agreement or industry funded collaborative R&D agreement*.
The Exploit phase of the Innovate UK ICURe programme provides after-support for ICURe Explore teams recommended for spin-out with ICURe support or licensing.
One month support and assessment on team readiness to spinout.
Two months support for follow on funding application bid.
Support on the Investor Readiness aspect will vary from team to team.
Tailored support to prepare for and exploit license opportunities.
Support on the Bioscience Accelerator aspect will vary from team to team.
This programme will support you to develop an effective go-to-market strategy for launching your business.
Support to help your business gain early market traction and become more investor ready.