Grand Scale Kickstart for ICURe is a fully funded 12-month strategic sales and marketing programme. It is specifically designed to upskill and empower small groups of ICURe spin-out companies to develop an effective sales and marketing strategy and action plan for international breakthrough and accelerated growth.
The programme is led by Leanne Jennings and Roisin Garland, seasoned growth marketeers at Grand Scale, with over four decades in the tech sector. They have played a pivotal role in the marketing of many tech innovation companies, overseeing their journey from launch and expansion to lucrative exits (Wombat and Neueda) and high-profile IPO (Kainos).
Grand Scale Kickstart for ICURe offers C’level sales and marketing training, mentorship and support tailored to meet the unique needs of technical founders of early-stage innovation startups. Delivered online to a small group of business leaders, teams also benefit from a supportive community of like-minded peers with similar ambitions and challenges.
12-month strategic sales and marketing mentorship and upskilling for 3 team members – including an intense training course and ongoing mentorship and support through a membership experience.
- Access an 8-week training programme with experienced growth marketers, guiding you through a tried and tested 4-step formula for launching your business and new products and growing your customer base at scale.
- Weekly live group coaching sessions led by Leanne and Roisin, where you can engage in interactive discussions and receive real-time advice and mentorship. These sessions offer a unique opportunity for personalised guidance and support in a group setting.
- A dedicated one-to-one mentorship workshop involving a deep dive into your plan to refine, optimise and accelerate your launch campaign.
- With 10 months of access to Empower Membership, you will benefit from sustained support, a wealth of practical resources and a network of like-minded individuals who are all navigating similar challenges. You will have access to real-time support from the Grand Scale team who are dedicated to helping you succeed.
- 12-month access to the Grand Scale Portal housing the Kickstart training programme and Empower membership platform and community.
Grand Scale Kickstart for ICURe is a tailored strategic sales and marketing programme empowering innovation companies to launch, scale and grow. It will enable you to launch your business and new products internationally, build brand awareness and drive sales traction through supercharged lead generation.
- Discover a laser-focused, proven strategy on how to launch and grow your customer base
- Master a tried and tested approach to finding and securing volumes of prospects
- Acquire the know-how to create tailored content that helps generate sales-ready leads
- Understand the power of marketing automation for lead generation and the exact blueprint to build your campaigns
- Develop skills to deliver successful ongoing lead generation campaigns
- Realise a way to achieve big company marketing impact on a small business budget
Who is eligible?
All ICURe spin-out companies are eligible to apply for the Grand Scale Kickstart for ICURe programme. The aim of the competitive selection process is to determine when is the ‘right’ time for companies to maximise benefit from joining the programme and it is based on the following criteria:
- You must have a defined use case for your product for a specific target market segment, a viable prototype or product, and are preparing for launch within the next 12-18 months
- Your market research should demonstrate that your product aligns with the market requirements, which could be substantiated through Proof of Concept (POC) or trial runs.
- Your business priorities include driving sales, acquiring new customers and developing a clear road map for launch.
- Your team has the commitment and bandwidth to fully engage in the programme.
How do I apply?
The online application form will ask you to provide information on you, your team, your product or service and your stage of business. This process is highly competitive and therefore, it is imperative that you collaborate with your team (specifically the CEO, COO) before submitting the application to ensure that you have adequate bandwidth to fully commit to the programme.
Once you have submitted your online application form, you will be invited to attend an interview with Grand Scale. The purpose of this interview is to determine the right time for your company to maximise benefit from joining the Grand Scale Kickstart for ICURe programme.
What great companies say about Grand Scale Kickstart for ICURe
I came to Grand Scale with part of me thinking that it would be just 'another marketing course', which I would not be able to implement. However, having been through the course, Ro and Leanne provide you with all of the tools in a simple way to really kick start your marketing plan - following the course I was blown away with the content and how structured it was. If we follow the steps and guidance, I have no doubt that we will see a benefit for our company, and I am really looking forward to implementing it into our company!
CEO - Esitu Solutions
Thank-you Grand Scale for running this brilliant programme and to Innovate UK ICURe for enabling it. Ro and Leanne have serious marketing skills and experience and have designed and deliver what is needed from a course like this. The content is tailored to the technical founders of early-stage tech startups with no previous marketing experience. I can't say enough good things about this. The programme is full of insightful and useful content, structured programme, great support, and most importantly we came out of it with a framework and actionable plan for our sales and marketing. By far one of the best things you could do for your start up is sign up today.
CEO - Cryologyx
Grand Scale Kickstart for ICURe has been invaluable in allowing me to build vital skills that were previously lacking in my spin-out’s growth strategy. I’m now confident and keen to launch a content plan to really catapult my company’s traction and sales potential
CEO - Evolutor
We were recommended to the Kickstart programme by a previous user. I was concerned that my marketing knowledge was out of date, so needed a reminder and to learn new processes and frameworks. Kickstart really helped me to understand and fill my knowledge gaps and gave me the confidence to put our strategy to work!
Commercial Lead - Digilab Solutions
With little over 18 months to launch in a complex, cost conscious market, the four-step framework that Ro and Leanne introduce us to has helped us develop a deep understanding of our go-to-market strategy. We can now articulate who our customers are, how we will reach them, what will be needed to engage with them and the best approach to get them on our side. This is invaluable insight that we will take forward towards launch.
COO - ScubaTX
Upcoming Grand Scale Kickstart Cohorts
No upcoming cohorts
Frequently Asked Questions
In the below link you’ll find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about the Grand Scale Kickstart for ICURe Programme. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out.